formfired5 posted an update 3 months, 2 weeks ago
As being a classroom teacher then, now online help guide my select and lucky angels, well, everyday hurdle has become tough, challenging and, sometimes, taxing on the psyche. Yes, don’t assume all my learners have the capability to coping up given that they would not have the needed technology like android cellphone, iPad, desktop, laptop or any sexual affair educational tools a few of the lucky few have.
Well, given the said situation, I, for starters, feel that parents could do something worthwhile because of their kids’ education by exerting all efforts to have a functional cellphone right for a web based class. However, there are varied reasons why some parents will not have the opportunity to provide their children such simply because of poverty, joblessness, not enough education or motivation maintaining current trends in education setup and delivery of learning especially this COVID-19 pandemic.
Anyway, there are positives and negatives of online education, specifically for blended learning, for the kids and oldsters alike.
1. Kids can now have plenty of time navigating the various applications around so as to getting lessons absorbed, applied to their daily grind.
2. Parents can easily see how their kiddos are employing their learning time. They may help them budget time in order to do all task accessible sans getting other tasks left out. Teachers, at all like me, are sending home guide because of their students, becoming reference, for subjects to be taken for the specific time, which has a quantity of minutes included.
3. Kids can instruct their skills in using the world wide web, say in researching for any story you just read, a photo to write an essay on, and info about important events in history especially during holidays and also other commemorative exercises in Social Science subjects, to mention one.
4. Parents have time to aid their kids using task in reading and writing, likewise the down sides their kids encountering in numeracy, science and so forth.
5. Kids in addition have enough time to be more talkative looking at their camera or what while answering questions, sharing stories and also other activities where speaking may be the target especially on how they go to town, with full confidence without the presence of one on one interactions.
6. Parents, mostly, have the opportunity to learn also, type of creating a report on their previous schooling; needless to say, with updated info where irrelevant ones ended up changed to appropriate one, particularly with Science subjects, say quantity of planets, and so on.
7. Kids also have an opportunity to become world citizens learning everything online of things and collaborating with learners around the globe. Yes, teachers will need to have somebody teacher from another country, say a Science class from the Philippines co-learning with Science class in USA regarding the different landscapes during wintertime, and, obviously the sunny weather in the Philippines. With videos, photos etc, both learners over these two countries could become familiar with a lot from each slide presentation shared through Google Meet, Zoom meeting, among other technological tools befitting this purpose.
1. Kids no reliable web connection remain behind when it comes to distance education. However, with modules available around; well, everyone has the opportunity to educate yourself on the concepts, samples and deep learning after a conscientious teacher implements enrichment or remediation programs if you’re needing those. Yes, creativity is essential toward providing all the learning opportunities to kids facing technological challenges in online learning. Besides lacking those gadgets like android cellphone, lappie or desktop, internet load also gets a hindrance, for who can afford such when parents are jobless, in dire poverty and you also determine what.
2. Parents suffer stress all the more when their kids could not keep pace with their peers, neighbors in competition with their kids, and other scenarios about unequal opportunities, a tragic reality majority during my class is assigned to it wherein preserving the Juans doesn’t seem possible to accomplish.
3. Kids, those who are enterprising and, resort to online cheating. Yes, you will find there’s group chat where solutions to modules are uploaded along with a lazy bone will just copy paste those and viola, have the perfect score, nice later like with highest honors and so forth. My dear, this sorry condition of education could be a proving ground for future leaders who won’t do sane things but to self-aggrandizement, and so forth.
There you go. If however, you be free of such challenges, you are lucky enough coping up with all these challenges, and would emerge victorious having continuity of learning amid this hard time. However, grit, resiliency and perseverance, can be our savior when facing these glaring realities. Regardless of what challenges are in our way toward teaching/learning journey, we have been always expecting the most effective result through our best effort. Keep head high, always. Keep safe, sane plus a saint. Cheers!
For additional information about helping your child pick a school just go to the best website